WATER PRESSURE PUMP

Previous topic - Next topic

canuck

2004 Mk II (1678)- seems like one of the crew used the head sink and did not turn off the faucet during a 4 hour motor trip yestreday. I only discovered this when we arrived at the home dock. I shut down the motor and heard the pump going. All the tanks were dry. Has there been any long term damage to the pump? Pump was warm to the touch. Guilty party swears it was on for only an hour!
If I get rid of this culprit it just leaves me and the two dogs.

Ron Hill

Can :  Let the pump cool down and then see if you have any problems after you refill the tanks.  If the motor operates, but the pump fails then call the manufacturer (Sureflow or Flowjet) and see if you can get a new pump attachment to fit on the operational motor.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

tommyt

I agree with Ron, you will know soon enough.Probably OK. On the bright side, at least the seacock must have been open when your crew exited the head.
Tom Mallery, C34 #1697, 2004 MKII, Splash Dance

Roger Blake

I agree with the others. A friend of mine used up the water in one of my tanks while I was ashore and didn't "know what the noise was". It ran 2-3hrs without water. Swithched over to the other tank and it continued to work. That was 3 years ago and it is still going strong.
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414