Cooling system

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Continuing my rebuild of the engine cooling system.  Cleaned up the Sherwood right after doing the heat exchanger.  During disassembly it was obvious that it had been leaking internally for a long time.  Cleaned up the cast iron case and sent pictures to Depco.  They said not rebuildable.

Long story short.  Found a brand new one, still in the original Sherwood packing box from www.marinepartssource.com for $237.   Prior to that CLR Marine offered the best price with Depco coming in a distant 4th.

They said they had a bunch, so if you are shopping for a new sherwood give them a call.  Found the site from a friend that sails an Oday!  The catalog pretty much caters to powerboater, but pumps and electrics are pretty universal.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Randy and Mary Davison

Great tip Ken - thanks.

My pump was at the end of its useful life so I ordered one from marinepartssource.com yesterday.  The web site shows two left.  The folks on the phone were very helpful when I called to confirm the model number for my M35A.

For folks searching for pump nomenclature help:

The pump number called out in the manual for the M35A installed in hull number 1268 is 300986.  This is the same as the Sherwood M5 mentioned by Ken in his original post.  It's also functionally the same as the Sherwood G903.  The G903 has now been replace by the Sherwood G908 and is Sherwood's current offering of the pump that fits this engine.  www.marinepartssource.com calls it the SHG908. 
Randy Davison
Gorbash
MK1 #1268
k7voe