Just a quick question- Winch covers

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Help, Please!  We are selling our boat.  My husbands foot is broken (we think) and hasn't been able to show the boat so I've been doing it.  This past week-end some people came and this jerk lady took one of the winch covers off and never put it back on properly -- the wind came up during the night and blew it off.  Now we have only one cover.  Plus they  weren't even interested in the boat and were very rude to boot!!!  Where can I order another winch cover to match ours?  it's a 2001.  Do I order from the factory?  Is there a # you can give me or an e-mail or something, I'm desperate.  My husband is also doing taxes 6 1/2 days a week and has no time for anything but that and I'm stuck with everything.  Thanks so much if you can give a hand!!!! Lee.

Jim Price

Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

wind dancer

If you are looking for inexpensive new covers, check out www.indycanvas.com

If you want used ones, I have a set of pacific or royal blue covers that I just replaced with captain navy.  PM me if interested.
Jay Guard, 1996 Catalina 380, #3, "Aquila", Seattle

Stu Jackson

Another idea is to take the other one off, so it doesn't look like you're missing something.  Then, when you have more time, bring it to West Marine and buy another one to match.  I doubt if two missing winch covers will affect the image or price of your boat, and you can always have time to replace them.  Drats about the nasty people, takes all kinds.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

LeeB

:Thank You all so much!!! I sure will try to do  one or the other.  When my husband gets home tonight he will be happy I found some sort of a solution-- one less problem he will have to worry about-  everyone elses taxes are killin' him!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!! Lee

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

You could also take the winch cover you have into a local canvas shop and have them copy it .

Good Luck,
Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net