Water Heater Hoses

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

I forgot to measure for new hoses between the engine and the hot water heater last weekend.  Does anybody have the length and diameter in their records?  Did a search and found lots of discussion about them, but no size information.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ken Juul

Sometimes it is just hard to figure out why PO have done things.  Disconnected  the water heater supply hoses from the engine, once they were loose I realized they were spot tied to the engine stringer.  Opened the side door, cut the spot tie, pulled the hosed up to find new hose coupled to the old hose for the run under the floor to the heater.  The "new" hose is 1/2", the "old" hose off the engine is 3/8".  I'm guessing the PO couldn't find 3/8" so he jury rigged it.  Another thought is that the Water heater requires 1/2" Hose and that is the easiest place to put a coupling.

So I don't really have an answer.  the total lengths are 10' and 8'.   The newer hose is in good shape, so I'm just replacing the 3/8" hose (2 pieces @ 2').   

Be curious how others are rigged?
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Craig Illman

Ken -

On my '91, I have couplings about 2 feet from the engine as well. I've never changed them, so I don't know sizing.

Craig