Tech Section Inputs

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Vaccaro

Hi Folks,

This post is identical to the reply I posted to the "attention new Mark II owners" thread.  Since not all sailors are inclined to read all the posts (especially if they differentiate between Mark I and II), I thought it might be prudent to post it seperately:

I would welcome input from ANY C34 owner/maintainer!  Articles aren't required in the era of email and digital cameras...A picture and note is worth 1000 words.  The next time you are doing a boat project, grab your camera and take a few happy snaps.  Please feel free to send them directly to me in a resolution suitable for email.  We'll use them to improve this site in the tech notes or projects section; or will publish them in the Mainsheet.  You can even drop a line with questions.  If I can't answer them, we'll find some one who can, either the folks that built the boat or the dedicated sailors that have contributed to this organization for so long.

In the four years that we've owned our 34, I've seen a great deal of new sailors participate in this forum.  All of these folks have a great perspective as new owners.  Inexperience does not equal inability to contribute--just the contrary.  Keep those questions and ideas coming--supplement them with pictures when it's practical.  Don't be discuraged if your answer is a cross-reference...unfortunately, some of us are computer-challenged and don't have the skills to link everything; and sometimes the information just isn't available on the web (or we don't have access to it there). 

The new C34 knowledge base is intended to be one-stop shopping to allow you to access the great amount of information that is maintained on different parts of this site as well as archival data.  This was the result of hard work by a dedicated volunteer.  We also recently agreed to change the format of the Tech Notes section, which was simply an on-line version of the articles published in the Mainsheet.  In the future, these notes may be the "director's cut," i.e., longer versions not necessarily edited for the space constraints of the magazine--this will also allow for more pictures.     

If you wish to email me directly, you can do that via the "officers" link on the home page--just click on the "Technical Editor" tab.   

I welcome your input!

Mike Vaccaro
34 Tech Editor
1988 C34 Hull #563
Std Rig / Wing Keel

Stu Jackson

It's getting close to the time for submissions, just a reminder if there are any out there.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."