Engine Alarm

Previous topic - Next topic

David Urscheler

My engine alarm in the ignition panel attached to the back of the temp. gauge has failed. I can't seem to find anything in my searches here that pertains to replacement. Anyone have a source? Thanks.

Craig Illman

David - I just emailed you a couple scanned pages that I did for Rick Johnson yesterday or the day before. Seach on "Seaward" on this forum. You'll probably want to call Dennis @ Seaward.

- Craig

David Urscheler

Thanks Craig!

Sometimes the obvious escapes me.

rirvine

If it is the alarm unit that has failed, you can get a replacement at Radio Shack.  The unit on the MK II boats has both the oil pressure and temp alarms in one unit.  They are very sensitive to the amount of resistance in the alarm circuits - e.g. dirty terminals - plus there can be interaction between the alarm circuits for reason that I have never been able to work out.  The temp alarm circuit is very simple but the oil pressure is complicated for some reason.

Ron Hill

Guys : You'll have to be more specific when talking about alarm systems.  The M25XP, M35A and M35B engines and the original early engine instrument panel and the new panels ALL are slightly different!! - along with which alarm.

You need to state your engine and the type panel -especially when talking about the M25XP and if that engine was modified (alarm wise).  A thought.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

David, to help us help you, please review this handy dandy little Identificastion request thread, thanks: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1506.0
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."