cowl vents

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Kaplan

much has been written about cowl vents, style, material, height,ect. this is just an fyi for those that have regular, plastic/rubber, type nicro or vetus vents or any other plastic type. after about a year in the sun,new ones start looking mighty worn out and discolored. well, krylon spray paint makes a spray for plastics called fusion and #2322,dover white is an exact match. no sanding required, just spray on and they look brand new. can be found in any home store of auto parts store. i just redid mine,2 years old, and they look great. just passing off some info...jeff
#219, 1986 tall rig/shallow draft. "sedona sunset" atlantic-salem,ma

Tom Glennon

Thanks for the tip Jeff.  My cowl vents are really looking their age... I would suspect they are original to the 1987 boat.  I will check this paint out before I invest in new ones.
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

Gary

I have used the Kryolon Fusion paint on green plastic deck chairs that were very sun faded.  Made them look like new.  The paint is tough, durable to the sun, and seems impermable to scratches.  After a full year of sun they have remained like new.  It hardle seems like paint but more like the original plastic surface.  Thanks for the suggestion to use it on cowl vents !!
Gary Ambrose
Kije #215
1986 Fin Keel
Falmouth Foreside, ME