ST 60 Water Temp

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyt

My ST 60 package seems to work perfectly with the exception of water temperature. I like to have an idea of how cold I will be if I fall into northern Lake Michigan, which tends to make me think twice about not clipping on when I go forward. In mid summer I started getting readings of 102 to 104 degrees. I can assure you that Lake Michigan never sees these temps. It had worked fine until then.

I tried adjustments per the ST 60 literature but to no avail. I called Raymarine ( who I rarely get good information from) and they said I needed a new transducer. Before I go that route, just to find out what the water temperature is as speed is working fine, does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks,

Tom Mallery
2004 # 1679
Tom Mallery, C34 #1697, 2004 MKII, Splash Dance

tonywright

Tom, have you opened up the Navpod, and checked whether you have a loose or slightly corroded connection on the back of the instrument?

Tony
Tony Wright
#1657 2003 34 MKII  "Vagabond"
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada

Ken Krawford

Tommy,
If it's any consolation, mine has been that way since day one.  Unfortunately, I never got around to contacting Raymarine until after it was out of warranty.  I emailed them that I was unable to calibrate the temperature any lower than 94 degrees.

Here's their reply to me:

This sounds like a bad temp sensor in the speed transducer. If you can get a 10 K resistor and connect across the brown and white terminals on the back of the instrument, the display should read 77 degrees F.
Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B