Elecrical Distribution Panel

Previous topic - Next topic

Footloose

One of the DC rocker switches on my panel is acting up.  I have looked at Seawards on line catalog but can't find them.  Does anyone know if these are still available as I am sure they are now obsolete.  I have tried Radio Shack but they are more or less out of the parts business.  No other electronics places in this neck of the woods.  My panel has the 3/4x1 switches and is sealed with silicone.  I guess I should ask if these can be removed individually?

I know a panel upgrade would be worthwhile but I am trying to make this one last another year or two.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

BillG

I replaced my panel 2 years ago and still have the old one.  I have an 1987, don't know if this works for you.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

Stu Jackson

Seward's online catalog s*cks.  Call them on the telephone.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Dave : You didn't give your production year, but I assume that you have a 1988. 
Call Seaward at (562)699-7997 and they can help you with the size rocker switch that you need.  In the meantime take one off the panel that isn't being used and use it to replace the faulty switch.

I found that Seaward no longer stocked the lighted switch for the propane.  It took a long search to find the correct size lighted switch that was the same size as the old one.  Sea Dog does make a lighted rocker switch that's the correct size, in case you're interested.
A thought.    :clap
Ron, Apache #788

Footloose

Thanks guys.:D I will give Seaward a call tomorrow.  The boat is on the hard.  Anything I do now I don't have to do in the spring before launch.  I will also update my signature to show that it is indeed a 1988.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain