Change double ended mainsheet to single

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

See page 26 of the Mk1 owners manual on the tech wiki. Many of us have deleted the turning block at the gooseneck, one less friction point. Give Mark or Guido a call at Garhauer, they will get you what you need.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Roc

There is a C310 at my marina and it looks like the factory has one end tied off on deck (port side), instead of leading back to the port winch via a block.  the sheet is tied off on a deck mounted ring.  The starboard side has the block mounted on deck leading the line to the starboard side winch.

Although this picture is of my forward hatch, I found this that also shows how my sheets are led.  If you look through the hatch, you can see the two deck mounted blocks that lead the sheets to the cockpit.  The C310 is rigged just like my boat.  On the C310, instead of two blocks, there is a ring mounted on deck, instead of one of the blocks, and that's where the sheet is tied off.

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Gulfsailor

It was surprising to me to find our NTU C34 with a double ended mainsheet with jamb cleats. I think I will rig ours as a single line on the port cabin top with an added Garhauer clutch.

Glad I found this thread!
Breathing Room
1998 C34 MK II 
(Hull 1378)
New Port Richey, FL

"The difference between a sailboat and a powerboat? On a powerboat you rush to get somewhere. On a sailboat, you're already there."

Jim Hardesty

QuoteIt was surprising to me to find our NTU C34 with a double ended mainsheet with jamb cleats. I think I will rig ours as a single line on the port cabin top with an added Garhauer clutch.

The way I sail Shamrock, MKll double ended mainsheet, is I rarely adjust the port side of the mainsheet.  I adjust the starboard side and when things get hard to adjust I use the cabin top winch, the mainsheet just pops out of the jamb cleat.  If the winch in needed for something else it's easy enough to ease the sheet into the jamb cleat.  That works well for me.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA