Speed sensor - failed

Previous topic - Next topic

willie

OK, I searched but did not find any post regarding speed sensor cleaning. MY boat is 1 year old and the speed sensor has failed many times. I have got it working by clean it with a long bottom brush but this is not a good fix.

My boat came with a bung attached the the speed sensor as if they expect you to unscrew it and clean from inside the boat.

Who has done this? Or is this just to scary??? :shock:

Willie

Wayne

Just unscrew the cap that holds your sensor in place, insert the plug and tighten its cap.  Then you will have all the time you need to clean up your paddlewheel.  Simply reverse the process to reinstall, being certain that the arrow points directly forward (this directional component is important!).  I think the opening into which the sensor fits has some kind of flap that sort of folds shut when the sensor is removed, because not a lot of water comes in.  I remove my sensor when I leave the boat; installing the plug.  Let the critters that take up residence in speed sensors go live somewhere else!
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca

Joe Kern

Wayne is right.  It is easy and not a problem.  They have a self-sealing flap whch reduces water flow to a mangaable amount.  I left my speed sensor in the water for 3 weeks and it was all clogged up.  Now I take it out every time I leave the boat and put the blank in place.  That is what it is for.
Joe Kern
2005 Catalina 34MKII
Hull # 1717
Merritt Island, Fl

willie

Guy's thanks so much your right :clap

It was a cake walk.

Thanks again!