V Berth Bed Linen Source

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Lindrup

I have just bought a 1986 C34 and am looking for a source to buy bed linens that will fit the forward V berth and Aft berth.
Does anyone have an email address or phone number of a good source?
Thanks,
Tom Lindrup
tlindrup@yahoo.com
Tom Lindrup
tlindrup1@gmail.com
Hull #39   1986 C34 "Chog In"
Sailing Waters: Lake Michigan & White Lake

Tom Lindrup

Barry, thanks for the quick reply. I will contact these folks.
Tom Lindrup
Tom Lindrup
tlindrup1@gmail.com

Stu Jackson

CLR also advertises right here:  go to the upper right, click on C34 Store
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

kdexter

You might want to try sheets made of Canadian fleece - we got them last year - never too hot or cold, and always feel dry - you never go to bed on a muggy night feeling like you are between two wet lettuce leaves!  One of the best comfort investments that we have made.  Kate

Tom Lindrup

Kate, thanks for the hint. Do you find these Canadian Fleece sheets, at Bed, Bath? Will a set of King size sheets fit the V berth and Aft berth?
Tom Lindrup
Tom Lindrup
tlindrup1@gmail.com

Ron Hill

Ton : We've found that the simples-est & cheapest thing to do is make your own. 
Make a template of the cushions. Then add the cushion thickness and then add another 12" all the way around.  Sew in the small 1/8" marine shock-cord and you're good to go.
You've just saved yourself enough $$ to buy a Garhauer ridged boom vang and if you did the same for the aft cabin, that worth a new engine hoist!!
EASILY DONE!!    :clap
Ron, Apache #788

kdexter

http://www.canadianfleece.com/products.htm

Here's a web site that makes custom Canadian fleece sheets.  We use aerobeds - so we use a regular size sheet set.  I actually got mine from a CT person, who has since disappeared.  It would probably be worth your while to see if king size will work  - cheaper I am sure than custom.  I always use those sheet clips - that way you can get a good fit from any sheet that is large enough. The clips make anything fit, plus you don't have the sheets coming untucked and then you have to climb over everything to fix it!  the Canadian fleece isn't cheap, ours were $70 for a twin set) but every night I climbed into bed, chilly spring, hot, muggy summer, or cold fall, I was so glad we spent the $!  I think a queen might fit aft - the Vee is so wide, you may need king.  We just bought a Catalina 34 two weeks ago - had a Pearson 33.  If it will ever stop raining in CT, we'll get to enjoy it!!!  Can't wait!!!!!!

Tom Lindrup

Thanks for all the good tips. I finally went to IKEA and bought flat King sheets for 12.99 each and will do what you all have suggested.
Kate, I will eventually invest in those Canadian fleece sheets, they sound great.
I was out on my C34 this past Wed.on Lake Mich, in the rain!! We too have had a gray May so far, sunshine is coming soon, I hope.
Tom Lindrup
Tom Lindrup
tlindrup1@gmail.com

Jon Schneider

FYI, if you do go with custom sheets, I suspect that CLR is simply reselling Tufted Topper's custom-fit sheets (tuftedtopper.com).  Tufted Topper makes them for $25 less than CLR ($65 vs $90). 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA