T105 installation and solar charger

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Heyman

I just picked up 4 T105's. I will connect two in series and then parallel the two pairs. As respects wiring them to my existing AC charger, I assume that I duplicate the connection that I have used on my 2  12 volt batteries. Are there any other considerations? I guess I should crack the Calder book but I thought I'd start here.

Additionally I picked up West Marine's 2 watt solar charger, as we are on a can. It has a diode. I assume that it doesn't need an in line fuse. It's advertised as either working through a cigarette lighter (auto application) or it can connected to the batteries. I have opted for the latter but I would appreciate any comment. Would the cigarette lighter receptacle be as effective? I assume, if I want to connect through the lighter receptacle, that I would have to leave the boat with the battery switch on? There is no juice from the lighter unless batteries are "on".

Thanks,

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

Ron Hill

Ken : Yes, you need to read Calder's book.
If you use the cigarette lighter plug, most have a fuse inside the plug - you need to check.  If your wiring all goes thru the main electric panel then you'll need to leave the battery selector ON. 
I have all of my 12V plugs (each fused separately) and wired directly to the battery/s. In that case you don't need the main battery switch ON.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788