Dinette Table revision

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kuba

Here's a photo of another, more practical Dinette table. If we plan to have more guests than the v-berth and aft stateroom can handle, the original table can be re-installed for the additional sleeping space. It sure makes it easier to access the storage areas!

I re-cycled an old table top by shaping it to the size that looked proportional, glued a piece of birch plywood to the top, and then stained it to match the interior wood shade. (3-trys) To give it a finished look, I bought some teak corner and edge moulding and atached it to the edges, and varnished it. After a season of cruising its held up well.

Mike Smith

Bob -

Lookin' good! A lot of owners have modified the salon table to make seating more accessible. We usuually eat on the folding cockpit table, so I took mine out completely and stored it and the support in the aft companionway and cabin. We haven't missed it yet, but winter is coming. I installed a 3.5" inspection port in the table support hole and covered it with a throw rug.

Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com

Stu Jackson

Bob

Great Job.

If you could, would you send this to Mark Elkin, our Associate webmaster for Projects and ask him to post it on the Projects page?  Getting him the txt and a separate JPG file directly seems to be the way to go.

Mark recently got married, had his computers crash and is still trying to keep up with our C34 material.

While still accessible from a Find on the message board, the Projects page already has cockpit table mods and this would be a great addition.

Thanks,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bob Kuba

Good idea, I'll send him the material! Congratulations Mark! Hope you did as well as I did. We met on a sailboat! in fact, it was HER boat.  ;-)  We evolved the way many do, 22, 27, and now a 34!

Doug

What are the dimensions of this table?
I'm trying to decide on what size to put in, and this one looks perfect.
Doug
Noeta
1987 C34
Gig Harbor, Washington

Rick Johnson

Mine was 24 x 36 (I think, I'll double check tomorrow).  There are pictures in the followning link...

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=2710.msg14149#msg14149
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Bob Kuba

The table measured 32 1/4 x 18.

Bob kuba
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore