Tank Monitor

Previous topic - Next topic

kmorton16@comcast.net

Brian Morton & I installed a Snake River tank monitor to check the level in the two water tanks, the holding tank & the fuel tank.  It is an Ultra 8 model that displays the level in tenths. The sensors are glued to the side of each tank except for fuel which requires a new sending unit to be installed.  It is easy to calibrate and our unit checks the tanks every 2 hours.  Ken Morton - Trident - 1300

SteveLyle

Ken,

Cool. Several questions:
1) Where'd you get it and at what price?
2) What was involved in the installation?  How long did it take you?
3) I don't understand your comment that the unit checks the tanks every two hours.  Why not continuously?  Does it have alarms for low/high levels?

Ted Pounds

Ken,

So where did you get this system and how much does it cost?

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Jkar

Yes, how much, please.  I found the site http://www.snake-river.org they have some other interesting products.  I am thinking just the single for the waste tank would be cool enough in itself.

kmorton16@comcast.net

To: Steve, Ted & Joel,
I suggest you contact Dennis Ferriello at dennis@snake-river.org for price info for the tank monitor.  The installation took my Son & I about 3 afternoons.  Running the wires took the most time. We used 22AWG 5 wire cable - the extra wire was insurance against a damaged wire. The 2 hour check is automatic but readings can be taken manually any time.
There are alarms for both High & low.
Originally we wanted an alarm on the waste tank, but opted for the 4 tank unit. The web site is snake-river.org/
Ken Morton - Trident - 1300

hdevera

I have the single monitor from snake river and use it to monitor the holding tank.  It is not very accurate (that's being kind).  The shape of the holding tank provides misinformation to the foil sensor and I'm never really sure, other than when it's full or empty.  I don't recommend it.

Roc

Mine works fine.  I bought it a couple years ago directly from Snake River.  I think it's the best improvement I've made on Sea Life.  I have 3 monitors; one for each fresh water tank and one for the holding tank.  I was concerned about the holding tank because of where the foil sensors needed to be placed.  I put them on the rear end of the tank (side facing nav table).  Because of the triangular shape of the tank on that face, one foil sensor is longer than the other.  But this causes no problem because for the holding tank, I really care when it's full.  I don't care how precise the meter reads below that.  I calibrated the holding tank sensor so it would read full when the tank level is several inches from the top.  This way it gives me an 'early' warning and I can plan on pumping out.  This calibration seems to consistently read this level acurately.

Roc.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Dennisferriello

A comment on the question of the V tank.  Our product fixes that problem.  I have posted on most Catalina sites, www.ferriellosales.com
We have come out with a totally redesigned monitor from New Providence Marine Systems.
Our 8 tank unit has a back lit, self programing, terminal strip block on back for wires, tank profiling, you can set for slight V, Hard V, round bottom and square tank.  I have very special pricing at this time to Catalina owners.
Go to our site and read about the unit, the installation and operation manual are on the monitor page.  If you would like to talk about the unit go to the contact page and fill out the contact form and I will call you.
If you want to upgrade all you would need is the panel, our panel will read Snake sensors and many others.
If you want the panel I would be happy to take your old panel in trade.

Thanks

Dennis Ferriello
Ferriello Sales LLC
www.ferriellosales.com

BillG

I just ordered the tank monitor from Dennis, but have not yet installed it. You should give him a call,  the price for Catalina owners is great.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

Dennisferriello

Bill:
Your order is scheduled to be shipped on Tues the 14th.

Thanks so much for the order.

Dennis
www.ferriellosales.com