Upper Bay long-term storage

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I keep my C34 "SEACRECY" in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. However, as an Army Reservist, the time has come for me to spend my year+ in the desert. Anyone on the Upper Chesapeake have any suggestions (based on experience with yard owners) on where to lay her up on the hard for 16 months? As I'll have a neighbor check up on her periodically, I'd like to store her no further south than Annapolis (likely the most expensive), no further north than Havre de Grace, and try and keep her on this side of the Bay (making Grasonville, Rock Hall, etc out). Thanks for any suggestions!

Ron Hill

Brian : I'll pass on your message to the Fleet 12 (Chesapeake Bay) this coming Saturday.  I'm sure some of our Northern Bay owners will have an idea or two.   :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788

Mike Denest

Hi Brian,
We're moving Whisper from Annapolis to Baltimore Marine Center maybe this weekend if we can work out the details.  I've arranged to lay her up in their yard until April 1.  After that we are going to get a slip at BMC.  Where are you currently berthed?
Michael and Diane Denest
Whisper #680
1988 Tall Rig Wing Keel
Rock Hall, MD

Brian

Thanks for any info. As for where I am now - I'm berthed at Harborview Marina (Federal Hill).

Jeff_McKinney

If you are looking to get out of the Baltimore Channel areas, you might want to take a look at the Maryland Yacht Club. They have been around for a LONG time. Their complex & docks are located off the Patapsco River south of the Key Bridge near White Rocks. Not cheap, but the area is very well maintained, secure, they have a fuel dock + lots of amenities if that is important to you. I'm NOT a member at this time, but can put you in touch with one if interested (shoot me an e-mail at jmckinney@adelphia.net).
Jeff McKinney,  Event Horizon;  Upper Chesapeake Bay