Holding Tank Vent

Previous topic - Next topic

hump180

Does anyone have any suggestions on placing a new vent such as Roc has, but on a mark 1? I would like to eliminate my vented stanchion and running a btter setup. Roc mentioned running his up to cabinetry in the v-birth, but I do not have anything in the v-birth except drawers which are 24 inches below the tow rail. I thought of running the line aft into the head cabinet, but that is getting a smelly vent even closer to the cockpit where everyone is hanging out.
Bill, Grace Under Pressure, 1990, M-25XP #1026
Western Lake Erie

Stu Jackson

Bill,

On our Mark I, if I were to do this, I would take the vent either up through where it now goes and place the new thru hull just under the gunwhale maybe a bit forward of the stanchion, or just take it straight up, behind the sliding black doors, from the vent connection on the tank.  I know this "violates" the 45 degree suggestions, but it's the closest.  No reason it also can't simply go forward from the tank's vent opening to the forward end of the black sliding door cabinet.  The drawers in the V berth are a real show stopper for anything going forward there.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."