Sight gauge for waste water tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Hanson

Last week I replaced our waste water hoses in order to eliminate cabin odors. For the first 12 inches of the pump out line I used some transparent hose and a coupling. This allows a fool proof way to check tank quantity with only having to lift cushion and plywood cover. The only downside might be the permeability's of the transparent hose versus the solid white stuff from WM. Will advise.

Jim Price

You will probably get odor in the future from the 12 inch piece.  Hopefully you installed so you can change out that piece periodically.  Even with pump outs, residue will remain and bacteria will start growing in the hoses and the "window" hose will permeate soon.  

I put in OdorSafe couple of years ago in the input and pump out lines and still had some smell that grew stronger during the summer heat this year.  I replaced the original vent hose this time (standard water hose) with Odorsafe to complete the system with all OdorSafe hoses and now the boat smells like teak oil and good times!  :thumb:  

Sounds like a good idea for tracking the tank lines but be prepared to change out frequently.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA