AirForce / Cruising Design Sails

Previous topic - Next topic

Markh1f

Does anyone have experience purchasing from either AirForce or CD Sails. I am looking at replacing my Headsail and maybe picking up a cruising spinnaker. I'm just a cruiser and am looking for value. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
Lady H #1038

karista

While I can not make a recommendation yet. I send out a similar message as I wanted to buy a new head sail. I specifically asked for feed back on the sails sold by National Sails in Ft. Myers. The feedback I received was all positive, so I am placing my order tomorrow. Their prices are better than the lofts you mentioned and they have been very helpful in answering questions, in fact they will custom make my sail to my current dimensions, the person I dealt with is Dirk Sharland. Check out their website for a online quote and you certainly should call him for additional information. I can not personally give feedback on their sails at this time. FYI, Air Force Sails is owned by SailNet and they went bankrupt, better check this out first. :idea:
Bernd
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Ken Juul

According to the latest issue of Practical Sailor, Air Force Sails has reopened under the name of AirFX Sails.  www.airfxsails.com  According to the article, the owner went out of his way to complete all orders recieved through their association with Sailnet despite being locked out of his facilities for a couple of weeks.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA