Thanks

Previous topic - Next topic

BillR

After 15 years of of a C34 my wife and I have purchased a used C380.  I wish to thank all those members of the C34 Association who, through this forum and others, have enhanced the C34 experience.  An excellent job by all.

Best Regards.

Jon Schneider

What drove to upsize (e.g., just "needed" a new boat or wanted the extra room, etc.)?  Have you had your 380 long enough to be able to compare sailing qualities to the 34?
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

BillR

We love the 380.  We do a bit of off shore and wanted a bigger boat for the Gulf.  Also, as our sons may finish college in my lifetime, we are starting to think of retirement and a return to the Chesapeake.  We sailed this way on the 34' and will try the return on the 380.  The 380 is easily handled by two and has all the room and power the 4 extra feet and weight can offer.  We had the old Universal 25XP engine in the 34 with a 2 blade prop and getting into and out of port when the wind and sea would get up was a challenge.  The larger engine plus a 3 blade folding prop on the 380 has solved that issue.  (Probably a different prop on the 34 would have helped as well.)

The 380 is a fine boat.

Bill Russell

Quote from: jonschnWhat drove to upsize (e.g., just "needed" a new boat or wanted the extra room, etc.)?  Have you had your 380 long enough to be able to compare sailing qualities to the 34?