Kubota parts for M25XP

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Pounds

David,
While you're doing this you might want to consider getting one of those hose set-ups for the oil pan drain.  I had that on mine and found it to be a better way to drain the oil than through the dipstick tube.  Does a better job of picking up all the oil and anything in the bottom of the pan.  Just a thought...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ron Hill

Guys : What I'm saying is to eliminate the pan drain that's in the FRONT and move it to the Rear.  The engine is tilted and all of the oil can be gotten out from a rear drain - like the M25XPB and the M35BC engines have !! 
Your engine - do what you want!!   
Ron, Apache #788

David Comando

So shall it be tulips? The $57 oil pan from Kubota has the exact bolt pattern, but is about an inch shallower and hits the oil pick-up tube. The guy at Kubota said I could get a shorter p/u tube, but then I'd be lubricating with a quart less oil. The oil pan was special order, non-refundable, hence the $57 planter. I'll call Hansen Marine Monday. Ouch..it's gonna cost! At least I won't need bolts and a gasket.
David Comando, 1987 Kindred Spirit, Hull# 55 sailing the waters of Eastern Long Island, and to other points in the Northeast.

Ron Hill

David : Contact Westerbeke parts and see if there is a "remote" oil filter installation kit for your engine?

If there is you could install it - remote the oil filter to the rear of the engine (by the drive shaft).  That extra hose will take some extra oil to fill the hoses to get back there to the filter.  Also you can mount the filter so it's straight up and not on its side and still use the new oil pan!!    Check that thought out!   
Ron, Apache #788