Stern Rail Modification

Previous topic - Next topic

La Luna

I was reading with great interest a modification someone made to their stern rail which allowed them to pivot it to port or starboard and enter from the stern while at the dock.  Our daughter Sophia (6 months) loves the boat but mom is nervous getting on and off with the baby.  This would be a great solution, which would in turn allow me to put netting on all the stanchions/lifelines.  This would also benefit our Lab who loves the boat but makes me nervous with is adventurous spirit!

Can anyone steer me in the right direction.  I tried various searches and although I can remember most the article, I can't remember where I saw it.  

Daniel Kuhn
La Luna
"Sleepless Skipper"

SteveLyle

You saw it in the August 2004 edition of the Mainsheet, which posted in the Tech Notes section of this web site.

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

john meyer

Danial, I just sent  expanded drawings and photographs of the modification as written, to your hotmail address. I made the change about 5 years ago and am still pleased with it.  If the email is too large or if you've changed your address, give me a call at 503.314.0357 and I'll make other arrangements.

La Luna

Thank you all for your input. The plans are quite clear and I look forward to walking on to La Luna  through her new stern gate in Sept.

Daniel Kuhn
La Luna