sherwood impellers & Gaskets

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Glennon

Gentlemen:
Tom here from Buzzards Bay, wondering if anyone has come across a good supplier for the SHerwood Impeller Model# 10077. For some reason, mine disintegrated the other day at a most inopertune time (of course!)

I'd like to get a couple of spares and gaskets.  Also, has anyone doen a "Major Rebuild" of their raw water pump? This may be the mystery to my earlier post regarding "whitish deposits" on the engine block. I am wondering if my pump gasket (where the pump mates to the block) may be somewhat compromised.

Thanks in advance... smooth sailing!
Tom Glennon, Slow Dance #354, 1987, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts

SteveLyle

Tom,

Both West Marine and Boat/US list them in their catalog.  Depco Marine can be found with a google search - they have a cool catalog available for download that lists out the dimensions of every impeller ever made it seems.  I've not noticed much of a difference in price from the variouis suppliers, and got my last ones from West.  I carry 2 spares at all times.  The gasket comes with the 'kit' version of the impeller (10077k).

Steve

Ron Hill

Tom : NO deals for Sherwood parts.  Depco parts told me that they have to hold the Sherwood pricing - no discounts!!  
You might be able to get your 10% off if you special order thru Boat US. If they still do that - now that they're West Marine???   :roll:
Ron, Apache #788

captran

I replaced the sherwood pump with the obendorfer and had a brandnew spare impeller for the sherwood which I never used. (and even the old one in the pump may not have been in bad shape...a mess on the home front...but if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll search the basement.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Ed Shankle

Tom,
I get them from Hansen Marine in Marblehead;  they always have them in stock and they'll mail to you.

Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

entdat

What the worst weather your C34 has been in and what are your impressions?

cwmarine

The earlier posts refer to the Sherwood Impeller 10077.  I have the Universal M-35 in my C34MK II.  Is the Sherwood 10077 the right replacement impeller for use with the M-35?  

Regards,
Chuck W
#1602, 2002, "Glory"
Hampton Roads, VA

John Sheehan

The impeller I use on my M35B is the Sherwood  09000K.
John Sheehan
Sea Shell
2003 MKII  # 1642
Gulf Breeze, FL

cwmarine

Thank you for the input.  It is very helpful.

Regards,
Chuck W
#1602, 2002, "Glory"
Hampton Roads, VA