Second Sensor in Thermostat Housing

Previous topic - Next topic

kss1220

I am wanting to add a second temp.sensor in my thermostat housing so that I can have an audible alarm for overheating.  Does anyone know what the temp. trip should be to close the electrical contact for the alarm?  I am assuming 200+ but I am not sure.  I assume that it should be easy to drill and tap as the housing appears to be cast aluminum.

Puffin 1987
Kelly Steck
Engine: Universal M25XP

DEMERY

I purchased a new thermostat housing (with two holes for sensors) and a temperature sensor for an audio / light high temperature alarm from my local Universal dealer. This in conjunction with the engine panel upgrade from Seaward provides me with gages, lights, and audio for low oil pressure or high water temperature on my 1990 C34 XP25.

Good Luck,

Dave

Craig Illman

That's what I did, here's the part numbers: 200262 for the housing, 300237 for the gasket and 030125 for the alarm switch. My boat's in charter. I figured that doing the Seaward panel upgrade with the high temperature alarm was cheap insurance compared to a ruined engine. It was about $90 for the housing and switch.

Craig Illman
s/v Espresso