1 person method to remove stanchions?

Previous topic - Next topic

wilsonlb

Anyone have any clever ideas on how 1 person can remove the stanchions/pulpits?

Sure, I can start looking for "volunteers", or negotiate a reciprocal labor agreement - but I'd rather do it myself.  On the other hand, maybe I'll just slap more goo on the outside and wait 'til my son is old enough that I can use conscript labor.

Mike Smith

I have the same problem because of my personality.  I use a pair of needle nose vise-grips and lock them horizontilly onto the head of the bolt.  I then run below and use a ratchet wrench with a Phillips head bit.  The vise-grips will hold the head still while you unscrew the nut.  Takes four (4) trips per stanchion.  Good exercise.

Mike

Ron Hill

Wil : Mike's got a possible solution, if you're bound and determined to do it yourself????  
However, I'd do the opposite and put the needle nose vice grips on the nut and break the bolt loose with a #3 Phillips SQUARE shank screwdriver.  Then you can push down on the screwdriver head while turning the shank with a crescent wrench.  Once broken loose you can use a flexible shaft on you drill to screw the bolt out.  A thought.
Ron, Apache #788