Electrical resources

Previous topic - Next topic

RV61

First I want to thank the entire board as you all have helped this mechanically challenged sailor over the first two years the Interlude has been afloat. From the new alternator bracket, screen on diesel pick up tube, rebbedding all chain plates and stanchions, Blisters on the hull where she sits on the cradle repaired, Varnishing all topside teak, replacement ports, dripless shaft, v-berth upgrade, fuel Gauge sender, interior lights,new stainless cowel vents, new solar fans, new fuel lines, new hump hose and new scupper hoses. I could not have done this all without the information that could be found  here and the tech notes. I had the yard do the wiring harness and the cracked leaky skeg.  :clap
I am know wanting to learn more about DC and AC electric and looking for a straight forward manual to help explain it all to me. I do have some very basics but want to add some new electronics, refrigeration and new charger to get rid of the buzzing 30 amp guest charger currently aboard aboard. I have read about the energy audits, alternators, chargers, batteries and have come to the conclusion in order to make the best decision  I need to learn how each of the components work independently and how they all interact with each other.  I looked for one of those electric for dummies book but no luck. Ant Suggestions?? :?:
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Stu Jackson

Rick

Thanks for the boost!

Buy Nigel Calder's Boatowner's Manual for Mech and Elec. Systems.  It's the best $50 you can spend on your boat.

Also read the C34IA Projects page with two new electrical issues included - right up your alley.  Just clikc on C34 Home above, go to Projects and read the electrical part I and Part 2 stories.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Howard Armstrong

captran

I had to replace my water damaged caulders books recently and found amazon.com the cheapest by far and delivery was fast too.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa