Jib Halyard length

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim P.

Yes Stu---I did do a search.

I have a 1989 catalina 34 and am planning on adding an additional jib/spinnaker halyard.  I actually intend to use it for a hammock as in the projects section.  

How long and what size do I need for this halyard?

Stu Jackson

Jim

If you go the MANUALS on the main website, left hand side, red colored links, the manual has the specs for halyards.  It doesn't include being led aft.

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Rick Johnson

Stu (or anyone else), I need to replace the jib halyards and have a 1990 with a standard rig.  The manual on-line says the halyards are 115 ft.  How much extra do I add for the run from the mast to the cockpit?  I saw in another posting that one owner was using 120 ft as the correct length.  The reason I have to ask is the boat is currently 1,800 miles away!
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Ron Hill

I have a standard rig and one of my halyards is 105 ft.(West didn't have any more that day!!)  There is about 5' extra and that's into the cockpit at the stopper.  So if you want more added it on!  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788