Fuel pump filters

Previous topic - Next topic

jpaulroberts

I am changing filters on the 1987 C-34 I bought last September. It was re-powered with a Westerbeke 30B Three. I have found the Racor main filter (no problem) but I am having a hard time finding a source for the litter filter that is attached to the engine and the one inside the fuel pump in the head. It is Jidosha Kiki pump and I have no idea where to find the littler filter inside it. Any ideas?

Also, to remove the tank for cleaning does it come out through the panel at the foot of the under-cockpit birth?

Thanks, Jerry

Ron Hill

Jerry : You might try looking in the yellow pages and ask a diesel injector rebuild shop where you can get some Kiki fuel filters.

On removing the fuel tank - take off the port side panel of the aft cabin (inside) and you'll be looking at the fuel tank.
Follow the instructions I lay-ed out in my Mainsheet article of a couple of years ago.  It's easy and you should have no problem.  :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788

jpaulroberts

Ron, thanks. But since I only became a member when I bought my C-34 last September, I don't have the Main sheet that far back. Once I'm looking at the tank will I be able to figure it out? Also, to pump the fuel out (which I suspect is dirty) I bought one of those attachments for an electric drill. Where do I put the pump-out hose?