Hailing Port

Previous topic - Next topic

ken003

The hailing port for uscg documentation must be at least 4" block letters on the transom.  The only place for this on a 2005 C34 MK II would be the 6" curving base of the swim platform.  Has anyone else fit it in any other way?

thanks,
Ken

Ron Hill

Ken : What most of the people I've seen have done, is put the hailing port below the Name on each side.  Just under the Name near the stern   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

Assuming the question because you have the walk through transom.  It does make it hard to fit.  I placed mine on the flat surface at the very top.  City name on one side, state on the other.  I think because of the space 3" is the size I used.  Been through several CG (active and aux) inspections, no one has raise an issue with them not being 4".
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

ken003

Thanks,  
Glad to hear this.  I am going to use 3" lettering too.  The sign people said the same thing.

Ken

paule

For Documented boats letters have to be 4" and block the space I use when lettering boats is 22.5" that will fit in between the swim ladder or try to space it that the stops on the ladder will not hit the lettering

Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947