1986 Water Heater Replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Bain

I have search the board, but cannot find much on the replacement of my "round white" water heater under the sink.....
Has anyone replaced theirs? What is a good replacement? I think that I may be able to get it out (if I remove the drawer and frame)....hopefully not the sinks....
Thanks in advance!!
Richard
Richard Bain
"PAZZO"
London, ON, Canada

Stu Jackson

Richard

There are many discussions of the water heater.

This is one:  http://www.c34.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=81 {Water Heater  ,}

Go to the bottom of the message board, right hand side, click on 35, then 36, then 37.  Lots of water heater discussions in April 2001.

I haven't, but you could, if you haven't already, do a Search on the MB for "Seaward" and "Raritan."  Seaward was OEM equipment and some boats had Raritan installed.

I also did a Pico Search on the main website and got a lot of hits, one of which sent me to the link above.

You could also take your C34IA CD-ROM, stick it in your computer's CD drive, and use Window's "Find" for a search on these topics.

I'm also sure that it has been discussed in the Mainsheet Tech Tips, which are on your CD-ROM and available to you online as a C34IA member.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Richard Bain

Thanks Stu....
Mich appreciated...
Rich
Richard Bain
"PAZZO"
London, ON, Canada

RV61

Richard,
Recent hot water tank lesson I learned. This spring I plugged in on the hard to charge up the batteries and I forgot to turn off the water heater .
This burned up my heating element. New element was only $12.00  and about 20 minutes of work. Just a thought.
Rick V
Interlude
1986 Hull #237
Lake Erie

Randy Stolze

Richard,

If you have not completed this project yet, here are a few notes:

The round beast will come out of the side door opening once the door is removed along with the frame. I also had to remove the drawer and frame above the heater in order to twist turn and position the old and new heater.
            I chose the 6gal Seward front fittings which face the door when installed. This was a heck of a lot cheaper than a round Raritan replacement. I had to epoxy in a block of wood for the Seward heater front mount which was beyond the factory round wood mount for the old heater. Replace all the old hoses while you are at it.
            Sorry about this delayed response, too many toys, not enough time.

Randy
Randy