Morning Shower!

Previous topic - Next topic

patrice

Quote from: stevewitt1 on November 27, 2012, 06:24:13 PM
I like the sound of the Zodi unit.  Being on the Great Lakes a PO removed the waste tank macerator and used the thru hull for a pick up for a deck washdown pump.  I wonder if I could just make a hose to run from my deck wash down outlet (just outboard of the manual bilge pump) to feed the Zodi water heater?

Steve

visit us at www.ocontoyachtclub.info

Why not just put a '' T '' in the hose after the thru hull, and have a dedicated hose to the Zodi, and keep the other to the deck wash ???
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Bobg

Bob does that zodi heater get hot enough with one run thru the coils, I had a similar unit, can't remember if it was a zodi or not, (it was red though)  but if the water was too cold, like fresh out of lake superior, I had to run it through twice,  run it through the coils and into the red container it came in, to get it semi warm, then run it through again to get it hot.  If the water was kinda warm it worked. like summer inland lake water.
Sounds like this is a better unit  if you can run cold water through it once and get it hot enough. Mine was about 10 years ago, maybe they upgraded the unit by now. I sold the unit at a marine garage sale because of that reason, but, if your Zodi can truly heat real cold water to hot on a once thru, I will reconsider getting one because I did like the concept. 
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands