Cockpit table

Previous topic - Next topic

David Arnold

I have a 2005 model and I would like to get a teak table for the cockpit.  I had one on a C-30 that was on a hinge so that it could be stored in place vertically against the pedestal.  When set up for use it was about 12 inches in width but it had leaves allowing it to open to 24 inches wide.  Anyone have an idea where I can get a versatile teak cockpit table like the one I had on my C-30?

David
Prints of Tides
David
"Prints of Tides"
Naragansett Bay, RI
2005 - #1707

Mike Smith

David -

Here it is at West Marine.  I have one on Breezer.

Mike

David Arnold

Mike,
That is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you very much!

David
David
"Prints of Tides"
Naragansett Bay, RI
2005 - #1707

Mike Smith

David -

We use it all the time - it's great!  I had to cut off about 1" of the supporting leg to make it fit when it is folded up, but that may be a function of the angled pedestal guard I have.  Also check Defender.com for a price comparison - West Marine/BoatUS may meet their price if you ask.

Mike

captran

I not only had to take the inch that Mike did but I also put a 1x4 mahogany piece on the back to bring it out far enough from the pedestal.  The table fit fine on my Newport 30 without modification.  Our C 34 is a 97.  Just sanded and put a coat of oil on it, so when I move it back aboard it will look nice as well as functional.  I hope we can use it in the NW as much as we did in the Bahamas.  Ours was a purchase from West Marine.  Print up the cheapest price you can find on the net and West should match it.
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Randy Stolze

David,

If you want something real nice (5 boat units ) check out cruisingconcepts.com

Regards,

Randy
Randy

Mike Smith

You are right, Captran, I had forgotten about that.  I used two blocks just like you did as spacers.

Mike

Ron Hill

David : Look around thru the marine catalogs, the boat shows or make it yourself; but get yourself a cockpit table out of "starboard".  
Teak might look great, but you've got something that needs care and maintenance.
Starboard on the other hand is not affected by UV and can be cleaned up in a few minutes with Soft Scrub w/bleach.  A thought.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

David Arnold

Forgive me but I'm not familiar with "Starboard".  Is this a white plastic like material?
David
David
"Prints of Tides"
Naragansett Bay, RI
2005 - #1707

Roc

David,
Yes, Starboard is a plastic material that can be worked like wood (saw, drill, etc.).  I have an Edson foldout starboard table that is very nice.  It folds down on the pedestal, and when raised, there is a brace that angles back and attaches to the pedestal guard.  No vertical leg support needed.  Edson isn't cheap, but is very high quality.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Ron Hill

David : Look in the Boat US, West Marine or Defender catalogs for "Starboard".  As Roc mentioned it's easy to work with and it's something that you could make yourself.  I've made a binocular holder, laptop fold out table top and a few other items.  
Defender has the cheapest price.   A thought.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Ray & Sandy Erps

I don't know if it's the same material, but on some small projects that don't show, like the new breadboard behind the electrical panel, I've gone to the local drug store and purchased a white plastic cutting board for a reasonable price.
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Ted Pounds

So you used a breadboard for your breadboard!!!!   :rolling   (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Steve S.

If you would like a teak table for a little less than the Edson or West Marine versions, go to pyacht.com and look up H and L Tables.  Good quality, multiple sizes, cheaper.
Steve S.
Hull 548
Kuching Ayer
Chesapeake Bay