Aft cabin and vee berth light fixtures

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Gendreau

The plastic shades on the light fixtures in our aft cabin and vee berth are discolored and/or cracked and look frankly awful

Are replacement shades available ?

Alternatively, are there 'reasonably' priced alternatives to these fixtures?

Roland Gendreau
Gratitude #1183
1992 C34
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Ray & Sandy Erps

I had a switch go bad on one of mine and was told Catalina sold the whole fixture for $14.  

http://www.c34.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1832
Ray & Sandy Erps,
'83, 41 Fraser "Nikko"
La Conner WA

Roland Gendreau

I contacted Catalina and they indicated the oem fixtures I have in my 1992 are no longer available.

So if anyone has found a reasonable replacement for these let me know.

I 'd like something that provides both general illumination plus can be adjusted as reading lamps.

Thanks

Roland
Gratitude #1183
Roland Gendreau
1992 MK 1.5
Gratitude #1183
Bristol, RI

Ron Hill

Roland : Go back to Catalina parts and ask them what they have in stock that will meet your needs.  Usually Catalina has a much better price that any of  the marine stores.  
Also look at RV stores and JCWhitney for light fixtures.    :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

sselinger

West marine has some, I forget the brand, nice halogen lamps which are very similar to the units I have in my 1990 model. If your near a store or have a catalog take a look. The increased output is great for reading.
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Ted Pounds

I just installed some nice reading lights from Defender.  They were less than 1/2 the price of west marine (about $25 each).  They're bass with a non-tarnish (20 year guarantee) coating  and are made by ABI.  The light is not a diffuse as the old ones so they don't light up the cabins as much.  But they're much nicer for reading.   :thumb:
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447