Lake Superior

Previous topic - Next topic

km2x

Hello All...I am in the process of trying to pursuade the other half to a C34 upgrade from our C27.  I am desparate to get her on board one to show her the interior layout and spaciousness.  

If anyone is close to the Duluth/Superior area and wouldn't mind a little visit please let me know.  I always have a good bottle of Gin handle for such occasions.

Krister

Footloose

We upgraded this year from a Bristol 27 to a C34 this spring.  Love the way the boat sails and the layout.  It is much more comfortable than our b27.  Look into the electrical system before buying an older boat.  It surprised me.  Upgrades aren't difficult if you have some electrical abilities, but take time.  My wife loves the boat also.  I have sailed as the only adult and my 8 and 10 year old kids as crew in 10-15 knots of wind quite comfortably.

Unfortunately I'm in Vermont so you have a pretty good drive to get a tour.

Good luck with the other half.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Ron Hill

Krister : Why don't you give Stu Jackson a telephone call and see if there are any C34IA member near where you live.  I'm sure any member will be glad to give you a tour.  His tel# is (510)208-1906.

Our C34 Mainsheet Ed (Jim Moe) lives up there somewhere in Circle Pines Mn.  His tel # is (763)786-6609.  :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

terry

Probably a 5 hour drive from Duluth but we keep our C34 at the Pioneer Resort in Oshkosh.  Glad to give you a tour but I'm sure there is a C34 in Duluth.  Call Owens Yacht Broker as we looked at one of their C34's a few years ago.  Good Luck...
Terry Schacht
1990 Shadow #1060
Sheboygan, WI