inverters and a few misc comments

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ted Pounds

Hey, that's my boat!  :D  Al did a nice job, didn't he?   The old galley faucet is gone; replaced with a single lever Delta.  The reason you couldn't find it in the Tech Notes is because it wasn't in the Tech Notes, but just done as an article in the C34 section.  I've got to say I really like the instrument housing on top of the locker aft of the nav station.  The top comes off easily and makes it very easy to access instrument wiring.  Also that's where the battery charger is.  That made swapping the old ferro-resonant for a new xantrex a snap  8) .  16 years later some of the filler is staring to chip out of the stair grooves, but it's minor enough I haven't bothered with it.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Stu Jackson

Hey, Ted, keep that boat!   :P

Like I said, it was one of the first things we did, and it's still holding up and looks great.  Boy, did we ever hate that dirt catcher!  :twisted:

You said: "The reason you couldn't find it in the Tech Notes is because it wasn't in the Tech Notes, but just done as an article in the C34 section."

What I noted was that it wasn't there in the Tech Notes, so I asked that it be added, and was, on the Tech Notes Online, as a special Bonus thingy by our glorious webmaster and/or special projects associate webmaster.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."