Engine Cutoff Cable Attachment

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Smith

Prior to hurricane Ivan, on our last trip out, I pulled the engine cutoff handle and it pulled WAY too far out - and the engine didn't die.  I went below and found that the cable attachment to the cutoff lever on the engine had broken off.  I pulled the lever down manually and the engine died, appropriately.  Since then, on our few times out on Breezer, that has been the routine for stopping the engine. The lever was attached to the engine cutoff cable (wire, actually) between two set-screw devices and should be no problem to re-attach with a new one - now that we have walls again in our house and I can move on to lower priorities.  My question is, what are these little devices called and where can I find them.  A search of this board and two discount marine hardware sites turns up nothing.

Mike

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Mike : I'm not to sure of the part that you're looking for.  Is it the small tubular stop that's screwed down on to the cable end?  You might want to go to your local Kubota dealer and look there first before going to Universal.  Probably best to talk to someone if you need to order it.    :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Mike Smith

That's the part.  Engine is a Perkins M30 - but the stops must be generic...

Mike

Mike Smith

Found 'em at Bell Marine in Pensacola.

Mike