Data Marine Depth Finder

Previous topic - Next topic

charlesson

My Depth finder stopped functioning this season after being intermittent last season. Lacking an owners manual, I went on Data Marine's web site and ended up calling the company. I was told that I need a new transducer. I believe the cost was aprox. 150.00. Two questions----Is there anything I should try first with the exisiting system? I have checked and cleaned up the connections. Secondly, what is the easiest way to access the transducer thru hull? I have located the knotometer impellar but am having trouble following the depth transducer wire. I assume aft cabin starboard side?

If I do infact replace the transducer I'll have to wait until haul out and use a fish finder in the interim. Any ideas would be appreciated however, B4 I take this next step.

Thanks in advance,

Ken Heyman
1988 C34 "Wholesailor"
Chicago, IL

RV61

Ken,
on my 1986 the transducer for depth finder is located inside under the V berth slightly port and the thru hull from the inside is there as well. The knotmeter is located is also under the V slightly starboard. I have been told not to put bottom paint over the transducer thru hall becuase it will not read. Not sure where I got this but it could be something to think about. I have a plug to but in the thru hullin case of a problem but I am not sure I would pull it out until I was on the hard.

BillR

My Data Marine transducer failed on my 89' Catalina.  Bad news, the new transducer does not fit the older through hull fitting and thus the through hull will need to be changed.