wood refinish

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

I HAVE A CATALINA 34 THAT IS IN SAN DIEGO AND WE LIVE IN PHX.AZ. WE WANT TO HAVE THE EXTERIOR WOOD REFINISHED. CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE GIVE ME AN APPROX. COST I WILL INCURE AND DOES ANYONE HAVE A REFERAL OF A CO. OR SOMEONE IN THE S.D. AREA THAT THEY WOULD RECOMMEND TO DO THE JOB?

Mike Smith

Ron -

If your boat is in a marina or boatyard, they may be able to recommend someone to do the work. Marinas and boatyards usually keep lists of approved contractors who they allow to do work on boats at their facilities. Also you can do a search on this website by clicking FIND at the top of the mesage window and then type in San Diego. I did and I got a list of owners and messages which have San Diego in them. Click on this link to get the list: http://c34.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch&s=329609511&findw=San+Diego You can contact some of them and see who they recommend. Mark Elkin, who is in charge of our Projects page, is on the list and may be able to help you out.

Good Luck,
Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com

chudave

I use BrightTec finishes, they are based out of Cabrillo Island marina on Harbor Island, and are very good and reliable.  

They charge $40 per hour, and the cost will depend on what condition your teak is in.

If your interested in contacting them, contact me back channel at chudave1@cox.net and I'll give you their phone number.

Dave Chu
SV Meha