Replace Fuse Panel

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie

I have just bought an 86. It has a fused electrical panel...maybe 8" x 15"
Is this easily relplaced with a breaker panel with LCD's?

Richard

Jim Price

Replaced the panel on LADY DI (1991) in 2002.  Called Seward and ordered current model Catalina panel (white with black letters and Catalina logo)that fit exactly. A bit pricey but worth the money as Seward will populate the panel to your specs.  I filled EVERY position with new current technology breakers.  ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO ELIMINATE THE BACK PANEL LIGHTING THAT CAUSED ONE OF OUR C-34 MEMBER'S BOAT TO BURN OVER CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS.  That in addition to safer circuits and I can read the panel.  The only thing to be aware of is Seward will not install any breakers larger than 50A.  This means you will have to relocate your anchor windless breaker (90A) to be a dedicated and off-panel location.  Actually this is much better anyway as it prevents large amps on panel and eliminates danger of accidental engagement of windless breaker.
Jim Price
"LADY DI", 1119
Lake Lanier, GA

SteveLyle

If he's got an '86, then Catalina came up with an alternate strategy for dealing with the anchor windlass breaker.

They didn't offer an anchor windlass - so much for that problem!

Joe Nalley

Richie,

If you would like assistance on panel design and source, try Bassproducts.com, or call 860-585-7923 and ask for Fred Anderson.  You might want to look at Mike Vaccarro's wiring discussion.

Best Regards,

Joe Nalley