Cabin Sole Replacement

Previous topic - Next topic

dmcmd

Does any one know where can I find 3/8" teak/holly plywood.  Most places I've located only have 1/4" or 3?8 inch.

Mike Smith

dmcmd

Where are you located?

Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com

jentine

If you can't find the plywood you are looking for in Jamestown or Newport, or Bristol or Portsmouth one of the other surrounding towns, it can't be found anywhere.  There are at least a 1/2 dozen sailboat manufacturers in your area.
Jim Kane

jentine

You can search teak/holly plywood on the internet.  I found http://www.downesandreader.com/directions.html in Stoughton, MA.  I am sure that if you called one of the lumber companies in Newport, they would have a good handle on where to purchase exactly what you are looking for.
Jim Kane

Mike Smith

dmcmd -

I should have looked at your profile to see where you were located... Just about any boatyard in Newport should be able to provide you with a source for teak and holly sole material and someone to cut the pieces. Look at the Projects page on this Website for more information. Unless you are skilled at woodworking and have a well equiped workshop, I'd advise you to take the sole pieces from your boat to the boatyard and let them use them as an exact pattern when they do the cutting. Make sure you seal the back, edges, and screw holes against moisture or all your work will be in vain.

Mike

Mike and Jan Smith
S/V Breezer WCX8545
www.mikejansmith.com