Do you know what's Fun

Previous topic - Next topic

melp64

After a year and a half of tearing my boat apart and refinishing all the teak I could take off the boat!
ITS putting back together I have all my countertop templets into my countertop person as soon as I get the tops I can begin to put the salon area together.I have begun reinstalling all the trim in different areas of the boat. The V berth is complete door, shelf, drawer base and hanging closet.Every inch of the v berth fiberglass has been cleaned and buffed. I even got a thumbs up from the wife.
The head has new panels which really look good and cabinet has been reinstalled.I just received all the lights for the entire boat It just like christmas opening new stuff My first delivery was lights for the whole boat. I bought four of the small black lights 2 for the v berth and 2 for the aft cabin. The four other lights 2 will go in the salon 1 will go into the galley and one for the head.

This weekend will be more cleaning and buffing and reinstalling everything in the aft cabin
Dan
1987 catalina 34, universal diesel, lots of work to do

scgunner

Dan,

Yes, I do know what's fun, that ain't it!
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Ron Hill

mlep : Ever go sailing???   :cry4`

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

waughoo

Hey man!  That's awesome news.  Sounds to me like you're feeling the ease of pedaling down the slope of your project.  Keep us posted on the progress.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

rmjohns

I do enjoy a good boat project, especially when you start seeing things come together.
Rob

1998 Catalina 34 Mkii 1390 - Miss Allie
New Bern, NC

melp64

Quote from: Ron Hill on July 12, 2024, 07:06:00 AMmlep : Ever go sailing???  :cry4`

A thought

Not yet but when I do I will be sailing a completely refitted boat thats going to look brand new.  :D
Dan

melp64

V berth has all it teak pieces back in place just need the new floor and a mattress and it'll be ready to sleep in.Even started to clean the brass pieces that were hanging on the walls
Dan

Jon W

Dan, Looks great, really nice work.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

melp64

more stuff cleaned and installed.
Dan

waughoo

Love seeing it going back together!!  Keep sharing photos.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte