Keel Swapping

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Woo

My 1986 Catalina 34 Hull # 165 draws something like 5' 7" of water.  My slip located on Bear Creek off Pamlico Sound, North Carolina provides 4 foot of water and when southwesterly winds blow the creek water out to the sound, it's even shallower.  So getting in and out of the slip and creek has been challenging at best.

Does anyone with a Catalina 34 with a wing keel like to swap keels with me?  I realize this is a real long shot.

Triton Yacht Sales, in Oriental, NC, which sold me the boat, told me I could order a wing keel from a Canadian outfit for about three grand.  I would like a more economical solution.

Any offers or suggestions?

jentine

The very best part about having a second (or first home) on a boat is that whenever the neighborhood or the neighbors don't suit us we simply move.  It seems that the neighborhood is less than ideal (no water) so the cheapest and most practical solution is to move to deeper water.
Jim

pimhof

I have expressed interest in the past about swapping keels. What do you propose.

Phil
excalibur@mssa.org

John Haynes

I have a '91 wing keel and I'm interested in swapping to a fin.

Mike Smith

Paul -

First you get a chainsaw...

Mike Smith
S/V Breezer
www.mikejansmith.com

jerry gap

Paul, I have a wing keel and interested in swapping for a fin.  If you are still looking for a wing keel please contact me at ashley@tir.com.