What are your boating plans this season?

Previous topic - Next topic

Analgesic

We took a full month off last summer for the first time as I'm nearing retirement and had one of our best cruises, Boston Harbor area all the way to Brooklyn, up the Hudson to West Point area and back.  This summer with a month off again, looking to head down east Maine possibly to the Canadian border.  Added a second 110 W solar panel to the bimini, in the process of replacing the engine mounts to the Vetus K75s to hopefully reduce the noise level motoring, replaced the whole propane set up and sanded and varnished the cabin sole.  Hoping for the best summer yet!
Brian McPhillips  1988 #584  M25XP

AndyBC

Quote from: Analgesic on March 03, 2024, 07:44:58 AMWe took a full month off last summer for the first time as I'm nearing retirement and had one of our best cruises, Boston Harbor area all the way to Brooklyn, up the Hudson to West Point area and back.  This summer with a month off again, looking to head down east Maine possibly to the Canadian border.  Added a second 110 W solar panel to the bimini, in the process of replacing the engine mounts to the Vetus K75s to hopefully reduce the noise level motoring, replaced the whole propane set up and sanded and varnished the cabin sole.  Hoping for the best summer yet!

Sounds like a nice summer adventure planned!  I would personally be thrilled with 2 weeks straight sailing this summer - 1 month would be a dream for me but hopefully in the not-too-distant future! 

All the best with the boat projects too!  Solar panel and sand/varnish cabin sole is also on my to-do list plus sand/varnish the wood on both sides of the companionway.  My engine mounts are thankfully fine for now.  I do want to reduce the engine noise though.  Last summer I installed sound dampening mats around the engine bay and also installed hump hoses, both of which has helped with reduced sound and vibration.  This summer going to install mats under head sink and perhaps other areas too.
1998 C34 MKII #1394 - M35BC, WK

Jim Hardesty

Quote from: Analgesic on March 03, 2024, 07:44:58 AMWe took a full month off last summer for the first time as I'm nearing retirement and had one of our best cruises, Boston Harbor area all the way to Brooklyn, up the Hudson to West Point area and back.  This summer with a month off again, looking to head down east Maine possibly to the Canadian border.  Added a second 110 W solar panel to the bimini, in the process of replacing the engine mounts to the Vetus K75s to hopefully reduce the noise level motoring, replaced the whole propane set up and sanded and varnished the cabin sole.  Hoping for the best summer yet!

You will have done much of the "Downeast Loop",  Something I've been thinking of doing.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Ted Pounds

I suggest another stop in Brooklin.... Brooklin, Maine, HQ for Wooden Boat magazine.  😎
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447