Lewmar Old Style Standard Gaskets - Where to source?

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulfsailor

I ordered the replacement seals for all six Lewmar ports. I'm an optimist, but want to have replacement gaskets if necessary. 

Catalina Direct and Defender show these gaskets are out of stock. Has anyone found another source for these (or possibly the company that manufactured these for Lewmar)?

Thanks in advance.
Breathing Room
1998 C34 MK II 
(Hull 1378)
New Port Richey, FL

"The difference between a sailboat and a powerboat? On a powerboat you rush to get somewhere. On a sailboat, you're already there."

KWKloeber

Check with Peter Linwick @ Florida Rigging
(561) 863-7444
Let us know how you make out.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ken Krawford

Ken Krawford
C350 Hull 351  2005 Universal M35B

Gulfsailor

Breathing Room
1998 C34 MK II 
(Hull 1378)
New Port Richey, FL

"The difference between a sailboat and a powerboat? On a powerboat you rush to get somewhere. On a sailboat, you're already there."

Ron Hill

Gulf : Look at the post below ..."Port Lens Replacements".  I said the Defender gave the best price on Lewmar replacement lenses and gaskets and I was told that Catalina Direct has a better price.  So check it out!!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

Gulfsailor

I called Florida Rigging and ordered the last four they had. I S/W Tom who said they used to get five calls a month for the "Old Standard " gaskets but it's been a long time since anyone ordered them.

I told him that I planned to do the other steps first (1. Replace the horizontal sealant and 2. Replace the o-rings) before I move to gaskets but wanted to have them on hand. I told him that "Murphy was an optimist". He laughed and said, "I'll send you these gaskets but I warn you that you will use more four letter words than ever when you try to install them."
Breathing Room
1998 C34 MK II 
(Hull 1378)
New Port Richey, FL

KWKloeber

Good deal!

Tom is a good guy.
Pete is often more funny!

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain