Tides sail handling system

Previous topic - Next topic

crieders

I posted on this last spring
Does anyone have measurements for the length from the opening slot, upper portion, to the top of the mast on a c34 tall rig, 1990 vintage?
I do not trust the accuracy of mine and wanted to check it out. Thanks
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Ron Hill

Cliff : Don't understand "opening slot, upper portion"  ?????

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ted Pounds

He means the opening where you feed in the mainsail slides.  The top of that to the top of the mast.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ron Hill

Cliff : You are asking the "luff length " of the mainsail ??

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Noah

I think he wants  "sort of" the luff length. The Tides track needs to know the length from the top of the mast track to the opening at the bottom where the mainsail slugs are inserted into the track. Plus, probably, a measurement of the distance below that opening to the mainsail tack point. I recommend Cliff NOT take anyone's word for this and measure (TWICE) on his own boat to be 100% sure.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

crieders

I do intend to try to measure it myself
I will post the guide from Tides, so that you will see the measurements
Cliff Rieders, c34 tall rig, 1990, hull #1022

Noah

I have a Tides Strong Track system myself, and it works great. However, I have a standard height rig not tall. It was easy to self install with a "helper" as it is bulky. I bought mine through Catalina Direct six years ago.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Gulfsailor

I installed the Tides system on our Ericson. It was wonderful. The mainsail would drop like a piano out a window...even under load!
1998 C34 MK II
(Hull 1378)
New Port Richey, FL

"The difference between a sailboat and a powerboat? On a powerboat you rush to get somewhere. On a sailboat, you're already there."