VC 17 Discontinued

Previous topic - Next topic

pbyrne

Rather than complain, I thought I'd ask the wise community hear what the path forward is for fresh water, northern climates.

Any ideas?
2000 Catalina 34 MK II #1534

AndyBC

Probably not too many options other than to strip it and put another kind on, since only VC17 can be painted over VC17 as far as I understand.  I've personally always had ablative anti-fouling on my boats.  My current boat uses a water-based non-toxic ablative one called Aquagard.  This was my first season with this particular brand.  When I hauled out a couple of weeks ago, it looked really good.  Mostly some algae/slime at the waterline.
1998 C34 MKII #1394 - M35BC, WK

Jim Hardesty

The way I understand it VC-17 is available now in the original color, it's at our local dealer.  I contacted Interlux by the website about a month ago and was told VC-17 red, what I've been using, would be available in this spring.  Hope that's correct information.
Please let me know if you've heard different.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Colonel Butler

Buy what you can today and hopefully Interlux will have a compatible product available sometime in the next couple of years. otherwise there will be a lot of Great Lakes sailors facing expensive bottom stripping jobs!
2006 Catalina 34MkII "Calypso"
Hull #1746
Niagara-on-the-Lake Sailing Club
Niagara-on-the-Lake ON Canada

Dave DeAre

I ordered 4 cans of blue yesterday from Wholesale Marine. They shipped today to arrive tomorrow. They were in stock on all colors except red. Hope this helps.
Overdue
2002 34, roller main, tall rig
Burnham Harbor, Chicago