Fuel prices gone crazy?!?

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Thank goodness we have sailboats and not the boat pictured below. Don't know about rest of the country, but fuel price sticker shock has finally hit home for me here in Calif. I filled up my wife's beloved 2014 A5 Audi convertible today (very fun to drive, but unfortunately takes premium gas) —and paid $7.25 per gl. at our local Chevron station!!! Last month on my 2-week cruise to Catalina I topped-off my boat with 7 gallons of diesel, and even at $6.00 per, at the tourist fuel dock, it didn't hurt too much. Can't imagine how the big gas outboard guys do it?!
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KeelsonGraham

Another $ or two and you'll be approaching European prices 😉
2006 Catalina 34 Mk II. Hull No:1752. Engine: M35 BC.

scgunner

Noah,

The big gas outboard guys have big bucks to go along with their big gas outboards. If you want to see some really big buck guys just attend any Warbird gathering, a Republic P-47 Thunderbolt for example burns around 165 gallons per hour and that's aviation gas not the inexpensive pump gas we put in our cars. Not to mention that beast requires frequent spark plug changes at around $30 apiece. The P-47 requires 56 spark plugs!
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Paulus

Gas here in western Michigan ranges from $3.43 to $3.77 on the same day but at different stations.  Last week one station had it as low as $3.31.  These are all within 4 miles of my residence.  Go figure!!
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944