1991 salvage C34 website

Previous topic - Next topic

tmac

I came across a website of a South Carolina salvage yard that has a 1991 C34 that is being cut up.   :cry4`
Maybe someone can find some parts they need.  But I thought it was interesting to see the cross section of how the boat is put together.
Here's the link:  https://www.411marine-salvage.com/product/1991-catalina-yachts-34/
Tom McCanna
Bayfield, WI , Apostle Islands 1988 std. rig C34, #818 M-25xp, wing keel
Lake Superior - No Sharks, No Salt

lazybone

Horrific,  someone should have had the decency to blur out the gruesome bits.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Steve McGill

Interesting,  but with the exception of the first pic I don't think the rest are a 34.
Not a really big deal.

Enjoy
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

waughoo

They have had a few come through that site.  I have been hoping to find one before it gets all the way cut up and disposed of so I can buy the propane locker.  Catalina Yachts lost the mold in the tornado that hit their yard a while back.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Alex- what does the propane locker look like in the MK1.5 and MKII boats? This is what we have in MKI boats. Jon W. removed his and built a custom bigger dual tank locker. Maybe he has his old one if that is what you are looking for?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

Noah,

That's what I have on my boat.  The mk1.5 eventually went to a fiberglass insert in the port aft locker.  The size of the cylinder is noteably larger in the revised version.  I have one of the transition mk1.5s and have the seaward locker you show.  It works, but I'd like the i.proved ease of handling and increased volume of gas... and I always love a good project ;-)
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Guys : I wrote an early Mainsheet tech note article (Feb 1991) on making a larger bottom box and using all of the same inside parts and Top.  You now went from a     
1gallon (4.5 lb) bottle to a 10 lb bottle. Still mounted in the same location - in the center of the aft lazarette top shelf. 

Still using it today!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

waughoo

Not possible in a walk through transom.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte