Paper Chart Books for Gulf Islands/Strait of Georgia?

Previous topic - Next topic

Porchhound

I posted a question in Fleet 5 but I think it may take awhile for someone to see it, so I'm on here. We have MapTech chart books here in the states, but I can't find anything similar that isn't out of print. I use Navionics, but I need paper charts for a backup. Any ideas?  I can print out images of charts from Navionics but prefer regular chart books. Any ideas?

I did find this, last updated 2008: Marine Atlas Vol. 1 Olympia, WA to Malcolm Island, BC,
If human intelligence is insufficient, why think something artificial modeled after it would be better?

Craig Illman

Take a ferry ride to Seattle and visit Fisheries Supply at the north end of Lake Union. They should have all the charts you need. I haven't stopped in there recently, but West Marine here in Anacortes should be stocked with them as well (if you're coming up Saratoga Passage on your way north).

Craig

Stu Jackson

Canadian Chart Book 3313 (or 3312?) - it's on the boat, sorry.  Gulf Islands.  Canada has stopped printing paper charts and may have stopped this one, too, but you might find it online / used.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."