86 C34 shift lever this small?

Previous topic - Next topic

glennd3

Porch you may want to call Edson. Mine SS handle broke, and they sent me one for free. The man I spoke to was very helpful and nice.
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland

Ron Hill

Guys : Don't bother calling Edson about the "Rubber Ducky" handles.  That was tried 30+ years ago and all they will do is recommend that you upgrade to the SS that are for sale!!

There were dangerous situations with people backing out of slips, the handle breaking off and C34 crashing into docks and other boats!!  Some people were lucky and had the forethought to get a vice grips handy and clamp that on to the broken shifter -  getting things under control. 

I don't know the Edson ever took any responsibility for those broken handles!!  recommending that you upgrade to the SS handles!!

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

waughoo

As Glenn said, call Edson.  I got some bushings for my throttle and shift levers sent out for free as I missed that they were toast when ordering a new pedestal cam (part that attaches to the cable).  They were very helpful.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Ron Hill

Porch : Give Edson a call (508-995-9711) Talk with Will Keen - if he's still there??  They will be absolutely amazed that a 1987 C34 still has those OLD handles 36+ years later!!  Let us know what he/they say!! 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788